Ruth House/Evergreen Emergency Shelter
The Ruth House and Evergreen Emergency shelter, located on Yellowstone Hwy in Idaho Falls were established in 2008. These woman’s shelters are part of the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission which provides emergency, permanent and transitional housing services to adult females 18 years of age and older and women with children. They provide a safe and sober environment for women who need to get re-established in the community.
The Ruth House provides low cost housing in order for these women to have more time to save money, pay off debts and develop the skills needed for independent living. The Ruth House is a 23 room facility with over 50 beds available.
The Evergreen Emergency Shelter provides 6 beds in our emergency shelter and 3 rooms designated for women with children specifically for those needing emergency housing services. Check in for the emergency shelter begins at 6:00 pm any night of the week.
The Ruth House provides 9 rooms/beds specifically for unaccompanied adult women who are chronically homeless. To qualify for permanent housing services females must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Show proof of either a physical, mental or addiction disability.
2. Homeless for 12 months consecutively from the time of eligibility determination or has experienced at least 4 episodes of being homelessness within the last 3 years.
The Ruth House provides 10 rooms and over 25 beds specifically for those needing transitional housing services. Two of these rooms are specifically designated for women with children. To qualify for temporary housing services females must demonstrate a need to live at the Ruth House in order to get re-established in the community. For availability please call (208) 522-1751.
The Ruth House Services
Residents must be willing to comply with the following services as a condition to live at the Ruth House:
1. Nightly curfew checks.
2. Random drug and alcohol tests.
3. Residents will be assigned a case worker to assist the resident in receiving the needed services to enhance residential stability, increase job search skills/income and develop the skills needed for independent living.
4. Residents must demonstrate the ability to comply with the Ruth House policies in order to live at the Ruth House.
The Ruth House Contact Information
(Just north of the Sunnyside/Yellowstone Hwy intersection.) Get Directions
Phone: (208) 522-1751